|In our second year we started the tradition of lighting our trees on October 15 in honor of Eric Suzuki.
In 2015, 633 trees were lit. Each year more trees and lights will be added to the Hemi Lighted Forest of Hope.
The Lighted Forest Facts, as of 2018:
- Over 300,000 lights with two indoor displays and a hayride through the trees
- 4.5 Acres of Trees (632 1/2 trees - Grandpa ran over one!)
- 2,000 feet of underground wiring with 22 service points
- 900 Extension Cords
- 3000 Strings of Multicolored LED Christmas Lights
- Christmas parade train and remote control airplanes on display in the heated garage during the month of December
- Outdoor lighted water feature with 5 waterfalls, 140 feet of creek with garden scale railroad running throughout
- 13,000 gallons of water are pumped and recycled through the water feature each hour
- Life size bronze bears in the creek
- Over 40 reindeer lighted throughout the display
- Indoor garden scale railroad, runs each night
- Multiple stuffed animals given away to those who want one or to pass on to someone in need
- Hay rides throughout the trees until New Years Eve from 6:00 to 8:30 weather permitting, with hot chocolate after the hay ride
- Christmas Eve hours will be 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
"Forest of Hope Express," shown above, is the BellaTori™ trackless train that is a new addition to the Hemi Forest as of May, 2013. Click here to read more about the Forest of Hope Express.